Re: RARA-AVIS: Reading suggestions

Mari Hall (found.dead.in.texas@airmail.net)
Mon, 30 Mar 1998 08:55:35 -0600 Peter Walker wrote:

> Thats amazing - there I was reading "Joey's Case" by K.C. Constantine
> and thinking about posting something along the lines of "an American
> great who is neglegted?" or "is this one of the best series reads
> around?" and this pops up from Mario Taboada as a reading suggestion:
> >*K.C. Constantine: "Joey's Case" (for example - I pick this one because
> >it it particularly hardboiled and even more spectacular than his other
> >novels)
> ..and then this pops up as well...
> >Mario Taboada (whom some absurd internet character keeps accusing, in
> >rather crude terms, of really being K.C. Constantine - I hope this
> >person is not in this list!)
> ..because I was also going to post a question along the lines of who is
> K.C Constantine? - the name being a pseudonym.
> so I vote for K.C. as well as Jon Jackson's excellent Fang Mulhiesen
> books.
> Another great read.
> Anybody intersted in Jerome Chayrn's Issac Siddel books - say "Blue
> Eyes" or "The Good Policeman"? Now there is another truely great series
> that seems to be neglegted these days. Great and truely original.
> Think of the discussion - compare and contrast Mario Balzic and Issac
> Sidel - now that would be interesting.
> --
> Peter Walker
> #

Yes, we all know KC is a pseudonym because I read a comment, (I think
from Tom and Enid Schantz in their PERLOINED LETTER) that he had kept
his name a secret so that people would feel free to talk to him and then
when folks found out who he was were totally unimpressed, because they
said they never talked to him anyway.

--
whose DOROTHYL nom is Kate Warne the ex-Pinkerton in
The Woman With the Rose Tattoo by Mari Hall