Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #180

Curt Sampson (cjs@portal.ca)
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:37:23 -0500 On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Oh, and the American publisher of Martin Rowson's The Wasteland was Harper
> & Row. Oh, lucky me, that's the one I have, and there are a few explanatory
> notes at the back of the book, which may help some of us (not me,
> though...

Actually, the explanatory notes are a parody of the explanatory
notes at the end of _The Wasteland_, which are in themselves a
parody, rather than something that provides real explanation.

I suppose the whole thing is rather _noir_ in that sense, too:
there's layer upon layer of motive and motivation, and every time
you peel one back you find another.

cjs

Curt Sampson cjs@portal.ca Info at http://www.portal.ca/
Internet Portal Services, Inc. Through infinite mist, software reverberates
Vancouver, BC (604) 257-9400 In code possess'd of invisible folly.

#