Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: RARA-AVIS Digest V2 #180

Curt Sampson (
Tue, 27 Jan 1998 15:37:23 -0500 On Tue, 27 Jan 1998, Kevin Smith wrote:

> Oh, and the American publisher of Martin Rowson's The Wasteland was Harper
> & Row. Oh, lucky me, that's the one I have, and there are a few explanatory
> notes at the back of the book, which may help some of us (not me,
> though...

Actually, the explanatory notes are a parody of the explanatory
notes at the end of _The Wasteland_, which are in themselves a
parody, rather than something that provides real explanation.

I suppose the whole thing is rather _noir_ in that sense, too:
there's layer upon layer of motive and motivation, and every time
you peel one back you find another.

Curt Sampson Info at
Internet Portal Services, Inc. Through infinite mist, software reverberates
Vancouver, BC (604) 257-9400 In code possess'd of invisible folly.

# To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to
# The web pages for the list are at