Re: RARA-AVIS: . . . excursions

James & Livia Reasoner (
Thu, 22 Jan 1998 20:07:36 -0600 Myshmysh wrote:

> Catching up:
> Thanks, Mr. Reasoner, for reminding me that Grimjack was John
Ostrander's. I
> didn't get all the way to Sable this X-mas, but remember it fondly,
> don't recall it being nearly as HB as Grimjack. I'll dig Sable out next

You're right, Sable wasn't really HB. But I really like Grell's work.

> Frank Miller has done a lot of good work over the years. Too good. I
> Mr. Reasoner's impression that Dark Knight had an undue and rotten
> on comics (what? those weren't your words?)

Close enough. Grim and gritty comics are fine, but there are times I
really long for the days of Jack Kirby and Steve Ditko and Curt Swan.

James Reasoner
# To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to
# The web pages for the list are at