Re: RARA-AVIS: Johnson-brothers?

Greg Swan (swan@poboxes.com)
Wed, 21 Jan 1998 10:51:04 -0700 I love reading Carroll John Daly. I don't think I want to take the time to
launch a spirited academic defense of his work, though. That's probably the
point. Not a lot of pretention or even profundity there . . . just some
enjoyable pulp writing. Bellem or even Edgar Rice Burroughs can be
similarly destroyed, but are also fun reads. Perhaps this sort of fiction
might rate a little higher in a class devoted to understanding and analyzing
pulp writing.

Greg
swan@poboxes.com