RE: RARA-AVIS: Best opening line of a novel

Gilbert, Len (lgilbert@inpower.com)
Sun, 14 Dec 1997 22:20:49 -0800 Of this, from The Low End of Nowhere by Michael Stone:

Gundy Dopps, a sour-looking little pinch of white trash,
waddled out of his trailer that morning somehow knowing
it wasn't going to be his day. Unfortunately, this was
one of those rare times that his intuition was right.

--Len