RARA-AVIS: Goodis filmography

E J M Duggan (eddie.duggan@suffolk.ac.uk)
Sat, 13 Dec 1997 10:36:28 -0800 On Sat, 13 Dec 1997, Ablueman <Ablueman@aol.com> wrote:

>Since we are on the topic of my favorite writer, Goodis. I thought I
>would send out a film adaption and credits list for anyone interested.

I've been working on something similar (though I've not tried to include
short stories or Goodis screenplays). FWIW, here it is:

Novel Film Director Date
Dark Passage Dark Passage Delmar Daves 1947
Nightfall Nightfall Jacques Tourneur 1957
Of Missing Persons Of Missing Persons Pierre Chenal 1956
Street of the Lost Street of the Damned Gilles Behat 1984
The Burglar The Burglar Paul Wendkos 1957
The Moon in the Gutter The Moon in the Gutter Jean-Jacques Beineix 1984
Black Friday* And Hope To Die Rene Clement 1972
Street of No Return Street of No Return Samuel Fuller 1989
The Wounded & the Slain Descente aux Enfers Francis Girod 1986
Down There Tirez sur le pianiste Francois Truffaut 1960
Raving Beauty* And Hope To Die Rene Clement 1972
Somebody's Done For* And Hope To Die Rene Clement 1972

ED