RE: RARA-AVIS: Jackie Brown

Andy Hughes (AHughes@sbtinfo.com)
Tue, 9 Dec 1997 16:18:36 -0500 Yes, "Jackie Brown" is based on Leonard's "Rum Punch." I thought it was
one of his better "Florida" books in the 90s. Still, I think "Get
Shorty" was his last excellent book and that the Harry Arno kidnap book
and the escaped convict book (I know one is called "Out of Sight;" I
just can't remember which, and simply forget the title for the other)
come in right behind that for quality. Leonard needs to go back to
Detroit and stop trying to horn in on Hiaasen's territory.

#