Re: RARA-AVIS: Hardboiled: Classic vs. Contemporary

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Sun, 30 Nov 1997 14:22:45 -0500 (EST) Dear Mario,
You mentioned that English publishing houses keep alot of old
hardboiled titles in print. Is there an English equivalent of *Books in
Print*? Do you think it's feasible to order one or more books for a course
I'm teaching from an English press? Would that make the prices of the
books exorbitant? Carroll & Graf has, it seems, put Brown's *Lenient
Beast* out of print. My local bookseller and I have scrounged together 13
copies, and he's working on more, but there will likely be 25 in the
class...

Michael D. Sharp Email: msharp@umich.edu
Department of English Lang. and Lit. Phone: (313) 761-8776
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Fax: (313) 763-3128

#