Re: RARA-AVIS: bad casting

sandra hess (shess@sirius.com)
Sat, 22 Nov 1997 09:48:40 -0800 (PST) I recently saw David Mamet speak at the local Herbst Theatre. He is very
hardboiled (GLEN GARRY GLEN ROSS, HOUSE OF GAMES, HOMICIDE). His theory
about acting and actors is that they should deliver the lines with minimal
emoting. The material stands by itself and requires the immediacy of the
actor's delivery. The actor is part of the equation. The one to be feeling
the most amount of emotion is the audience. If you haven't seen HOUSE OF
GAMES or the others, they are worth the time.

Sch.

#