Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: jazz & hard-boiled

Mari Hall (Found.Dead.In.Texas@airmail.net)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 15:26:10 -0600 yes, we saw Lonely Hearts at Bouchercon (October, 1997, at Monterey,
California) and John Harvey talked. It was the three-episode tapes that
were shown on I suppose, Brit TV about five years ago and Harvey did the
screen play. Yes, it had wonderful atmospheric British Noir and music
and there was "sight" ties all through it (use of the color red in
close-up which got more and more and then the final scene which was true
to the end of the book. What a high! It is very expensive to show these
things (cost of room as well as screen or TV) so most conventions do not
have the money to put these on. If you are in Britian go to Shots on the
Page in Nottingham usually in June as it is a lot of noir film; and
there is one in France also.

#