RE: RARA-AVIS: Film Noir at the Castro

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 14:50:45 -0500 (EST) Well, I hope no one out there who hasn't seen *Touch of Evil* is at all
swayed by the negative review posted here, bec. it is a fabulous movie.
The opening scene (which is fun to watch) is probably the least
interesting thing about it. Welles has rarely been better (or huger). I
thought it was just O.K. when I saw it on video. Then I saw it at the
Michigan (restored old theater here in Ann Arbor); it was beautiful.

Respectfully, Michael

Michael D. Sharp Email: msharp@umich.edu
Department of English Lang. and Lit. Phone: (313) 761-8776
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Fax: (313) 763-3128