Re: RARA-AVIS: PI & jazz

Rikke & Hanne Kesten (rbkhbk@bcn.net)
Wed, 19 Nov 1997 12:50:40 +0000 Frederick: What you describe in your post is amazingly true to a lone
sax player who plays nights during warm weather in New York City on
Fifth Avenue between 54th & 55th Streets. Empty streets, occasional
light traffic flowing southward keeping up with timed traffic signals,
smoke billowing from manholes, and the most heart-rending, magnificent
sound echoing off empty office buildings through the empty streets.
I often drop a buck or two into his music case, cross the wide avenue
and stand, listening, for an eternity.
--steve kesten

#