Re: RARA-AVIS: Mike Hammer on TV

Laurent Lehmann (llehmann@club-internet.fr)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 23:11:03 +0000 On 10 Nov 97 at 19:17, James & Livia Reasoner wrote:

> On the positive side, Earle Hagen's "Harlem Nocturne" is still the best
> theme music a private eye series could possibly have.

Richard Diamond and Honey West are currently on the French Disney
Channel, and it brought back some memories : I don't really remember
Johnny Staccato's theme, but I do remember I loved the musical atmosphere
of this show.

What are in your opinion the best soundtracks for PI shows ? And why does
a certain style of jazz work so well ? Is it just a period feel ?

Laurent
_______
"I'll read any private eye book and love it." (After Fred Willard)

#