Re: RARA-AVIS: Day Keene

michael david sharp (msharp@umich.edu)
Tue, 18 Nov 1997 06:37:32 -0500 (EST) Joshua--

My *20th C. Crime and Mystery Writers* guide oddly doesn't have many stats
on Keene, exc. that he died "c. 1969." Pronzini, who wrote the blurb on
Keene in the guide, claims that *Home is the Sailor* and *Murder on the
Side* (both of which I own) are "noteworthy" Keene novels. But he claims
that *Framed in Guilt* (Mill, 1949) is probably Keene's best. I have a
strong affection for Keene's work. He can be really funny. Why are you
researching him? I have a lot of stuff by him, and I've typed up a
checklist of his complete works (from the guide I have in my lap, I
believe). Let me know what you're up to and if there's any way I can
help. Good luck, Michael

Michael D. Sharp Email: msharp@umich.edu
Department of English Lang. and Lit. Phone: (313) 761-8776
University of Michigan, Ann Arbor Fax: (313) 763-3128

#