RARA-AVIS: Re: The Gumshoe Site

Laurent Lehmann (llehmann@club-internet.fr)
Sat, 18 Oct 1997 22:05:37 +0000 On 18 Oct 97 at 1:24, Jiro Kimura wrote:

> Thank you for the recommendation. I am one of the pee-eye fiction fans
> on the internet. Sorry that my web site, The Gumshoe Site at
> <http://www.nsknet.or.jp/~jkimura/>, does not lean to the hardboiled
> fiction so much as I would like but I am trying.

I've added The Gumshoe Site to my bookmarks during my first week of
presence on the internet (Dec. 96, almost one year !), and I don't regret
my (all too infrequent) visites to it. It's a very good source of
information for what's new in the harboiled/noir genre. Maybe you could
also send your articles by email for the regular readers ?

And I learned there that Peggy Thompson and Saeko Usukawa's next project
is a noir calendar ! They are the authors of _Hardboiled : Great lines
from classic noir films_ (Chronicle Books, 1995. ISBN 0-8118-0855-6), a
very nice collection of quotes and pictures from classic noir films, that
I currently use as a source for my sig...

Thanks Jiro, and all the other webmasters among you, for painting the
www noir !

Laurent
________
"It was his story against mine, but of course I told my story better"
Humphrey Bogart in _In A Lonely Place',
From Hardboiled, by Peggy Thompson and Saeko Usukawa
#