RE: RARA-AVIS: Mike Shayne (was Last Week's Reading)

Spurlock, Duane (Dspurlock@paulschultz.com)
Wed, 15 Oct 1997 09:24:53 -0400 I've read only one Mike Shayne novel -- "Armed . . . Dangerous" or
"Armed . . . and Dangerous," I can't quite recall the exact title -- and
found it enjoyable. It did have the "generic PI" quality that Pronzini
mentions, and Shayne could have been Joe Mannix or any number of other
cookie-cutter PIs that have filled the genre. Still, the writing and
plotting were solid and, as I said, the book was very enjoyable.--Duane

#