Re: RARA-AVIS: Pulp Fictions - Barnes & Noble collection

Laurent Lehmann (llehmann@club-internet.fr)
Sat, 11 Oct 1997 00:06:50 +0000 On 7 Oct 97 at 19:24, MARIO TABOADA wrote:

> Do British publishers consider it their obligation to "correct" American
> spelling? To my knowledge, their American counterparts do not change the
> spelling of works by British authors.

Val McDermid wrote on Dorothy-L that her books were (slightly) edited
for her American publisher, and that she'd be handling the corrections
herself. The examples she gave weren't as blatant as the ones you did,
but I feel that her Mancunian slang is part of the charm of her books.

Laurent
____
"When you're slapped, you'll take and like it"
Humphrey Bogart in The Maltese Falcon,
from Hardboiled by P. Thompson & S. Usukawa.
#