Re: RARA-AVIS: Mick Hammer on T.V.

James & Livia Reasoner (liviajames@itexas.net)
Fri, 19 Sep 1997 22:36:45 -0500 Terry McCombs wrote:

> I see that for some reason that have felt the need to return Stacy
> Keach to television as Mick Hammer.
>
> Will be appearing on CBS this coming fall.

I believe the new Mike Hammer series is going to be seen in first-run
syndication, rather than on CBS. I sort of liked Keach's old Hammer
series. The character he was playing didn't bear much resemblance to Mike
Hammer as Spillane wrote him, mind you, but as a generic private eye series
it wasn't bad. And "Harlem Nocturne" is a *great* theme song for a private
eye series. I hope they use it again.

#