Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Burke

Mari Hall (Found.Dead.In.Texas@airmail.net)
Tue, 16 Sep 1997 09:18:27 -0500 Matt Ridgway wrote:

> Speaking of Burke ... Anyone know how I can get some merchandise featuring
> JLB detective Dave Robicheaux .
>
> I'm told that you can buy T-shirts with the logo
>
> " Dave Robicheauxs' Fish and Bait Shop "
>
> or something !
>
> I live in the UK which I'm sure can't help
>
> By the way I'm new to the list - Hi I'm Matt
>
> ----------
> > From: dowdy@ix.netcom.com
> > To: rara-avis@icomm.ca
> > Subject: RARA-AVIS: Re: Burke
> > Date: 15 September 1997 17:25
> >
> > On 09/13/97 11:10:12 Bill Hagen wrote:
> >

> > >So which Burke novel should I pick up first if I want to read more?
> > >
> > >Bill Hagen
> > ><billha@ionet.net>
> > >

> > I always like starting a series from the beginning and James Lee Burke's
> _The
> > Neon Rain_ is quite good. Of course he won an Edgar for _Black Cherry
> Blues_
> > which, if I'm not mistaken, is the third in the series.
> >
> > #
> > # To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to majordomo@icomm.ca.
> > # The web pages for the list are at http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/.
> #
> # To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to majordomo@icomm.ca.
> # The web pages for the list are at http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/.

This is tough because James Lee Burke (not the "Burke" who is Andrew
Vachss character) doesn't have a true "book store" where he lives to do
all this. The "Bait and Tackle" T-shirt was promo for one of the books.
I'll get the address for you, but sometimes Rue Morgue Book store in
Boulder Colorado has stuff, you might also contact Crime Times
(magazine) in the UK or Murder One or Crime in Store in London--Burke
(James Lee) is pretty popular there as one of his books was published a
few days before there before it was published in the US to give the
Brits a chance at first editions.
#