RARA-AVIS: American Pulp

Tom Sweeney (sweeneyt@nh.ultranet.com)
Sat, 06 Sep 1997 08:07:54 -0700 American Pulp, Carroll & Graf, c1997, ed. Ed Gorman, Bill Pronzini, Martin
H. Grenberg, trade paper, $12.95, ISBN 0-7867-0461-6, 550 pp.

Down in the Valley is there. I haven't read any of it yet; I put it on the
pile of books and mags I still haven't read yet.

The anthology contains Spilan's THE PICKPOCKET, which annoyed me as it was
just in Hardboiled magazine. I get cranked when the same stories show up
again and again. Give me new stories for my $$$ (End of tirade. sorry)

Most of the stories are from the fifties, a couple from the forties, and a
couple are from recent "women's anthologies": Sisters in Crime and Lethal
Ladies.

Tom