Re: RARA-AVIS: Please take me off the list

Richard Feaster (richard@daheshmuseum.org)
Tue, 26 Aug 1997 10:27:57 -0400 Kevin Barbero wrote:

> Dear Peter:
>
> After reading your e-mail I suggest that you take me off your list of
> stores which you had scheduled to visit in September.
> I look forward to not seeing you.
>
> Sincerely,
>
> Kevin Barbero
> Proprietor
>
> Murder By the Book
> 1281 North Main Street
> Providence, RI 02904-1827
> kbbooks@worldnet.att.net
>
> ----------
> > From: Peter Lance <netgraph@earthlink.net>
> > To: Rara-Avis online <rara-avis@icomm.ca>
> > Subject: RARA-AVIS: Please take me off the list
> > Date: Wednesday, July 16, 1997 2:21 AM
> >
> > To Rara-Avis,
> >
> > I may be a first time mystery author and maybe the three martinis I had
> > tonight after my book signing are talking, but you guys have a serious
> > case of in-list dweebism going on.
> >
> > I've never seen a list devoted to the ostensible study of hardboiled
> > mysteries made up of softer people. You're all a bunch of bloated, self
> > important, would be-critics. There isn't a single one of you that I'd
> > want to watch my back down some dark alley. Why don't you guys just go
> > out and collectively get a life. Or write your own books instead of
> > living like a school of cyber guardfish off the works of others.
> >
> > You could all take a serious lesson from the bright, funny, knowing
> > mystery lovers who subscribe to DorothyL.
> >
> > Unsubscribe me. Please.
> > -
> > # RARA-AVIS: http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/
> > # Archives can be found by saying "index rara-avis"
> #
> # To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis" to majordomo@icomm.ca.
> # The web pages for the list are at http://www.vex.net/~buff/rara-avis/.

I'm confused...why was this sent to me?. I think it was a mistake
because i don't know any of these people.
By the way, I don't think the readers of books are any more
a bunch of "dweebs" than the writers, in this case much less so.

Richard F
#