Re: RARA-AVIS: Vanishing Lance--Case Reopened

Bill Hagen (billha@ionet.net)
Wed, 30 Jul 1997 09:45:35 -0500 (CDT) Fred Willard wrote VIZ my post on P. Lance:

>Don't be too hard on a first time author. The irrationality of the
>book business and the lack of support many author's get from their
>publishers can be a frustrating mix.

Point well taken, Fred. And I suppose all reviewers harbor wishes of a
whole book some day. So some Book Envy on my part.

But, but...(here I start sputtering) "HE started it!" And, like any kid in
a playground fracas, I enlarged on the truth somewhat...which (like any kid
who's been bruised) I would never do if I thought he were here and
listening. As it is, Peter Lance yelled at us all, left the playground,
and left us only his name, and a few allegations about himself. Someone
saw him, so he apparently exists.

Besides which I sort of ended up taking his side, didn't I?

Let's get on with the discussion! Case closed, as far as I am concerned.
I wish him well, and will read him if I see the book on a shelf.

Bill Hagen
<billha@ionet.net>

#