[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Marlowe vs. Previous Characters

Paul Ulucci wrote:

> 1.RAYMOND CHANDLER'S PHILIP MARLOWE: A CENTENNIAL
>     CELEBRATION (1988), edited by Byron Preiss
>
> Is this a new book?

Bad news, Paul. This book is out of print (note publication date of
1988). Perhaps one of our booksmiths will oblige you by sending you
price information for a used copy, if they are lucky enough to have it.
Here is the date, by the way:

        ACCESSION: 01334443
       ISBN/PRICE: 0394573277 TC; USD 18.95 R
       PUB STATUS: Out of Stock Indefinitely
           AUTHOR: Preiss, Byron; edt
            TITLE: Raymond Chandler's Philip Marlowe; A Centennial
Celebration
          IMPRINT: New York : Alfred A. Knopf Incorporated, Oct. 1988
        PHYS DESC: 352 p. : ill.

> 2.    ISBN/PRICE: 0306807734 TP; USD 16.95 R
>        PUB STATUS: Active Record
>            AUTHOR: O'Brien, Geoffrey
>             TITLE: Hardboiled America; Lurid Paperbacks & the Masters of
> Noir
>           EDITION: EXD
>           IMPRINT: New York :  : Da Capo Press, Incorporated,
>       PROJ PUB DT: 9704
>         PHYS DESC: 216 p. : ill.

As for the O'Brien book, well, in case you missed my earlier comment,
the Da Capo edition is a reprint of the original with a slight different
title, so I'd say buy it. A good deal at that price.

Best wishes,
Richard King
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca