[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: RARA-AVIS: Marlowe vs. Previous Characters

>hardboiled@juno.com[SMTP:hardboiled@juno.com] wrote:

><<QUESTION 2 :  Who could write an acceptable Marlowe novel
>right now?>>

To tell the truth, I haven't read Parker's Marlowe work. When I first
heard he was finishing "Poodle Springs," I was a little surprised,
because his Spenser style is quite different from Chandler's Marlowe
style. I figured he got the assignment because Parker is supposedly a
Chandler expert and because Spenser was so wildly popular. But my
opinion is just that--an opinion. For those of you who've read "Poodle
Springs" and the follow-up, how does Parker's work on Marlowe stand up
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca