[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: RARA-AVIS: Plan for the reading group.

Personally, I'm pleased that we're starting with short stories instead
of novels, 'cause that's what I've been reading lately anyway. And from
Bill's recommended start, it seems most folks on the list (this would be
an unscientific sampling here) get one of their preferences as the first
selection(s)--Chandler's "Red Wind" and a Hammet story (since Hammet's
"The Scorched Face" is the first story in the anthology).

An interesting note: In the "Hard-Boiled" introduction, Pronzini and
Adrian describe "Red Wind" as "over-anthologized," using that as their
reason for not including it in their collection. Perhaps they're right,
but I have several hard-boiled anthologies, and "Red Wind" isn't in any
of 'em.--Duane

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]