[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Honey West.

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Patrick S. Golden wrote:

> I agree that some sort of Crime TV cable channel would show these kinds
> of program.  For example, I for one was hoping that one of the cable
> channels would repeat "The Saint" series with the release of the new
film.

TBS used to show reruns of "The Saint" all the time when I was a kid.
I always did like the (often maligned) Roger Moore, even in Bond films. A
Crime TV station could also (in my dreams) put the Avengers back on the
air. It's all well and good to see Diana Rigg host Mystery, but I would
love to be able to see her as Emma Peel.

Whoever just asked about who Honey West was/is, there should be a
discussion in the archives of this list. Briefly, she was a female private
detective in a series of paperbacks of the late 50's-early 60's, and then
in her own T.V. series which ran, I believe, '65-'66.

Michael D. Sharp, Dept. of English, University of Michigan
(msharp@umich.edu)

On Tue, 6 May 1997, Patrick S. Golden wrote:

> >Question: What (the hell) is "Burke's Law"?
>
> This is entirely from memory, so excuse any ommissions...
>
> "Burke's Law" was a series starring Gene Barry.  He played some sort of
> rich crime fighter (lawyer, soldier of fortune, etc.), who rode around in
> a Rolls-Royce Silver Cloud. Didn't remember the Honey West spin off idea.
>
> I agree that some sort of Crime TV cable channel would show these kinds
> of program.  For example, I for one was hoping that one of the cable
> channels would repeat "The Saint" series with the release of the new film.
>
> Patrick
>
> Patrick Golden ++ pgolden@leo.vsla.edu
> Program Services Manager
> Williamsburg Regional Library, Virginia ++ http://www.wrl.org
>
> -
> # RARA-AVIS:  To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis"
> # to majordomo@icomm.ca

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

Follow-Ups: References: