[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Black Lizard Paperbacks - Full Set: Willeford, Goodis, etc.

There was a time (don't know the number of yr.s) that I believe a Barry
Gifford had Black Lizard rights to a number of authors.  He sold the
rights to a big publishing house (maybe Random) such as Jim Thompson's
under Black Lizard and a couple of other hardboiled big name ones.

Whodunit -- a mystery bookstore in Philadelphia, PA is run by partners:
Art Borgeau (Edgar nominated for his THE MYSTERY LOVER'S COMPANION and
Henry (whose last name escapes me).  They bought out the entire Black
Lizard rights after those above few were sold and have the entire
collection in paperback.  There's also Henry Whittington and, well
enough said -- don't want to bore you and go on........  If you want the
800 number feel free to email me or if it's okay with Mr. Denton, I
could reply to the list with the number.

The Mystery Lady

BTW -- Henry is my "hardboiled author" reference person.  As he says,
"noir" and he has enlightened me on many other hardboiled authors I
previously hadn't known.  He doesn't care to read any women authors
so that's the reason for my previous posting.
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca