[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: RE: Introduction

Hi, I'm Chris.  I'm new and I'm a writer, but not a real one...just for
televison.

Few thoughts on the April postings:

Grimhaven by Willeford is really dark and fun.  Well worth the average 50
dollar asking price if you run across a manuscript.  I wouldn't hold your
breath if your waiting for it to be released otherwise.

As far as new writers may I suggest "Dark Ride" by Kent Harrington (St.
Martins Press) it is fantastic and if you want to pay cover price...get it
now.  And speaking of not paying cover price I would go as far as to say
"Night Dogs" by Kent Anderson (published in Jan. at $35; Dennis McMillan ) is
still worth it at two hundred...probably the best book I've read in years.
 Yes, it is that good, but if you can wait the first trade should be out
later this year. Also "Shooters" by Terrill Lankford and "Kill, Kill, Faster,
Faster" by Joel Rose are certainly above average.

Just a thought:  As near as I can figure there are 12 published Goodis
mystery/harboiled short stories without including all the "Battle Birds" and
other war pulp he wrote.  Someone out there want to take the lead on that?
 It would seem to make a great little book.

Chris
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]