[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re : RARA-AVIS: PWA awards

Gary Warren Niebuhr posted the list of Shamus nominees. I'll just say that
any new Bill Pronzini Nameless should automatically get an award, and ask if
anybody's read
 one or more of the nominees Best First P. I. Novel ? I've never heard about
any of them.

>  Carol Lea Benjamin - This Dog For Hire (Walker) (Rachel Alexander #1)
>
>  Greg Rucka - Keeper (Bantam (I am not familiar with the character in this
>  title)
>
>  Michael Stone - The Low End of Nowhere (Viking) (Streeter #1)
>
>  John Wessel - This Far No Further (Simon & Schuster) (Harding #1)

PS : Jerry, I haven't read Invasion Of Privacy yet as I only just finished
Blunt Darts, but it's cool : I have ten more great novels to find and read !
Reminds me of when I discovered Pronzini and Parker, 'lo these many years
ago. Judging on your first book alone, I think you're even better than what
people on the Usenet said (and I didn't think that anybody could live up to
all this praise !).

Laurent
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca