[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Willeford collectors take note!

I was paging through the newest James Pepper Rare Books catalog and came
across this gem:

> 333 WILLEFORD, CHARLES. Whip Hand. By W. Franklin Sanders. New York: Gold Medal, > 1961. First Edition.
> Paperback original. Near fine. Long rumored to have been co-written by Charles > Willeford, the recent surfacing of the original typescript for the novel entitled > "Deliver Me From Dallas!" shows the title page is credited to both Sanders and > Willeford. A xerox copy of the typescript is included and shows a number of > differences from the finished book. Why Willeford's name was taken off at > publication remains a mystery. "Lash by bloody lash, the she-devil from Dallas would > get her revenge." "This guy wasn't treating me like a pro. To him I was just a roll > in the hay if he played it right. For me, that's progress." $450.00

I wouldn't mind adding this to my collection, but at $450? Well...

This new Pepper catalog has quite a few interesting items for anyone
who's interested. The address is:
http://192.160.127.232/catalogs/pandscat/intro.html#index

--
James Stephenson
Rare Books & Special Collections Cataloger