[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Max Brand stories?

Has there ever been a collection of pulp stories by the legendary
Max Brand? I have read several in anthologies, and he seems to have
had considerable talent. Did his reputation as a writing machine
damage his image for posterity?

By the way, thanks to Douglas Green for pointing out that our
university library has the Nebel collection of Cardigan stories. I
checked it out and it's great fun! Curiously, Nebel seems less
dated than Hammett - though I admit that I cannot put my finger on
what exactly makes him sound modern...maybe it's his sense of humor.

Regards,

Mario Taboada
Old Dominion University

-