[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Cornell Woolrich: Copyright question

On Thu, 24 Apr 1997, "Spurlock, Duane" <Dspurlock@paulschultz.com> wrote:

>I'm reading Cornell Woolrich for the first time. It's "Rear Window and
>Other Stories," published by Penguin.
>
>The little foreword note/dedication by Sheldon Abend mentions the
>"landmark copyright case commenced in 1983 and culminated on April 24,
>1990. . . ." Can anyone explain what this case was about and how it's
>connected with these stories?

I have a vague recollection (sorry, no source other than a shaky memory)
that CW sued (a US TV network?) over The Fugitive TV series, which he
claimed owed more than a little to his own work.  No other details I'm
afraid, but maybe this'll jog the memory of another list reader.  Also, I
may be totally off the mark with this --- the foreword to your CW
collection may be referrring to an entirely different matter altogether.

Eddie Duggan
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]