[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: George P. Pelecanos

Recent mention of Pelecanos on the list prompts me to announce that my
exhibit focusing on hard-boiled Maryland authors is finally up in the
Marylandia Room in McKeldin Library, on the University of Maryland at
College Park campus.  Besides Pelecanos, books by Maryland authors
Dashiell Hammett, James M. Cain, and William Lindsay Gresham are on
display with insightful and fascinating commentary by yours truly ;-)

We still hope to get Pelecanos on campus to read from his new novel
_King Suckerman_  (he may be too busy producing movies to come by).  If
he agrees, I'll post a notice to the list for all those in the
Washington DC area who may be interested.  Also, we've got a student
working to make a virtual version of the exhibit to mount on the web;
some stuff I wanted to show got cut from the exhibit, but it'll get into
the virtual version--the director's cut.
--
James Stephenson
Rare Books & Special Collections Cataloger