[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RE: RARA-AVIS: Re: Healy

I've seen the Daly and Gardner volumes, but not the others. Thanks for
the list--I'll keep a lookout for them.

I've never really cared for Daly's Race Williams stories, but I have
enjoyed Gardner's non-Perry Mason tales that I've read. As the the
series' weak performance, as described by Weinberg, maybe the packaging
had something to do with it. The covers seemed to be aimed at readers
who are already familiar with pulp writing. Maybe if the books (cover
art and such) were positioned to appeal to the broader base of mystery
readers, sales might have been a bit better? Just an uninformed
supposition.--Duane

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]