[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Re: Newer Authors

>Can anyone suggest some hardboiled authors currently writing, particuliarly
>those who write series?
Hi! I'm new to the group, which I stumbled across yesterday during a Net
search. I read the archived postings and signed up.

Bill Pronzini's "Nameless Detective" series is a very good, reliable PI
series, as is Jeremiah Healy's Francis Cuddy series. I also recommend
highly Stephen Greenleaf's John Tanner series and James W. Hall's novels
about a character named Thorn.

A very, very good HB writer is George Pellecanos. He writes about a
character named Nick Stephanos, but I recommend any of his books,
including those not in the "series." Dennis Lehane has a great book
titled "A Drink Before the War" that's excellent.--Duane Spurlock
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]