[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Re: Healy

<< May I (independently) agree with Jerry Healy that all Rara-Avis-ians
 should read his Cuddy series.  Beautifully written, well plotted, and
 much better Boston than Parker's Spencer!

 Several people mentioned Pronzini and Muller.  Neither is really
 noir, and they're not always as heavily boiled as those of you who read
 Jim Thompson or James Elroy might prefer.  But both Pronzini and
 Muller are excellernt writers, and (as one of you said) Pronzini's SHACKLES
is
 one of the best PI novels ever.

I agree that Jerry Healy's Cuddy series is first-rate. Better than Parker's
Spencer. I don't know if its better, but it's certainly no less than equal.

Pronzini's no-name detective series is another great set of books. Odd,
though, I've read a whole lot of Pronzini books, but I don't think I ever
read Shackles. Is that the one where he gets kidnapped and held in a remote
cabin for a considerable length of time?

Carlos Croxton

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]