[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: The Old Man

On Wed, 16 Apr 1997, Rikke & Hanne Kesten wrote:

> Katherine:  For what it's worth, in a screenplay of RED HARVEST by
> Bernardo Bertolucci he named the old man "Elihu Willsson" who "owns
> Personville -- heart soul skin and guts."
>   Since he seems to have followed the story quite accurately in the
> screenplay this may be a clue for you.

Rikke:

You're right about Elihu Wilson being an old man, but he's one of the
*villains* of _Red Harvest_.  The character known as "The Old Man," on the
other hand, is the Op's employer, the chief of the San Francisco branch of
the Continental Detective Agency. From the off-list responses I've had so
far, it looks like he was never referred to by name.

Thanks for responding!

Kathy

Katherine Harper
Department of English