[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Thompson, Cain & Influence

Robert Eversz wrote:

> more about this. I also recall that Ellroy wrote about Thomson in a few of
> the introductions to the Black Lizard reissues, though here in Prague, I
> can't seize upon the books and document this as fact.

I've been picking up Black Lizard books whenever I can find them. They
are fine fine fine. But I've never seen an Ellroy introduction. Can
someone out there give me a BL title Ellroy wrote an intro to? Love to
see it. Too bad BL quit, eh?

Regarding Thompson, anyout ever read A HELL OF A WOMAN? Talk about
harrowing! I can say I've never seen anyone write in quite a hard-boiled
manner as Thompson in this book, some some critic said represents the
despair behind the newspaper headlines. What a book!

It would be interesting to speculate what the greatest crime novel is.

Richard King
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca