[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Frederick Nebel

On Sat, 12 Apr 1997, Katherine Ann Harper wrote:

: Now it's time for another collection: I'm sure I'm not the only
: person who would cheer if some publishing house chose to resurrect
: some Nebel stories that haven't seen light since their original
: publication. Rara-avis readers, what do *you* think?

I'm all for it!  When I said no-one knew about Nebel, of course I
meant your average non-hardboiled/pulp fan, who even so knows about
Hammett.  It just struck me that while the only thing of interest to
most modern readers was that a Hammett story (and not just a story,
the falcon!) was in that issue, it didn't even get mentioned on the
cover.

Have you considered approaching publishers about an anthology, Kathy?
You know his work, could pick out some good stories, and your academic
background gives you some weight.  I don't know who might do it, but
you should think about it.  _The Complete Works of Frederick Nebel_
would be a bit much ("Next month: volume 32!"), but I think one
volume could perhaps be profitably published.  When do his stories
lose copyright, did you happen to notice?

Bill
--
William Denton : Toronto, Canada : buff@vex.net : Caveat lector.
http://www.vex.net/~buff/        <-- Anything on io.org is toast.