[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Frank Miller's Sin City / Warren Murphy

Gary Warren Niebuhr wrote:

> I also have enjoyed the Frank Miller works. I have all the title you
> list. I also have a friend who hates Frank Miller and I could never
> figure out why. His complaint ranges from the art work to the stories
> which is what I like, so go figure.

Gary: I've just got SIN CITY and A DAME TO KILL FOR, but I'd like to
have them all (I don't they are all out in the single book form yet,
which is what I'm waiting for). I think someone who took these pulpy
takeoffs too seriously might not like them, but if you just have fun
with them, they are a hoot. Otherwise, there is a stream of references
to Catholicism running through SIN CITY (probably others with Marv in
it, eh?), so this could put off someone. I mean, Marv, who is apparently
devout, murders a priest (an evil one, to be sure, but a priest). I
really wouldn't be surprised if Marv returns like that old movie about
the criminal who is electrocuted but didn't die? Remember, anyone? If
anyone could, it would be Marv.

Richard King
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca