[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Down these mean Mailing Lists...

  Hello.

  Just joined this Mailing List so I thought that I would introduce
myself.

  I'm Terry Keith McCombs I joined because I have been reading hard
boiled fiction for some time, I have gone though Chandler, and Hammett
to be sure as well as others, some well known, some pretty much bloody
well unknown! Just got though with The Dime Detectives by Ron Goulart
about the detective fiction pulps.

But going on to other things....

  I have heard about a roleplaying game called Noir from I think Arcron
publishers...or something like that. It's based on paper and film noir
fiction. Anyone run into it?  And if you have and it's the sort of
thing you fiddle with is it worth the price of admission? I understand
that some mystery writers have even lent a hand in puting it together.
Max Allen Collins is one I think.

Or taking another tack.....

  So what television programs do you think make the cut these days? I
would say that N.Y.P.D. Blue, and Homicide: Life On The Street make it.
  And in it's own way, what the heck, so does the X-Files. Sure it's
weird but it's weird and bleak and tough. And HEY! It was not unknown
for Hammett to throw in a curse or cult or suchlike in his
Continenental Op stories.

  Anywho, just thought I say hello to one and all and throw in these
few things.

   Later