[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: QUERY: D. Hammett and the Pinkertons

George:
Some years ago I visited Butte in connection with a plan to film RED
HARVEST. The research into the period was fascinating.  Most helpful was
a woman named Marilyn Maney who you mioght find through the people  who
run the Butte Public Archives (Ellen Crain, director - 406/723-8262).
They had an incredible wealth of newspapers, public documents of all
kinds and a lot of experience with research into the labor strife of the
period. Marilyn Maney was a local film contact who was also a buff on
the history of Butte.
  Further, the one-time State Film Commissioner might be of assistance.
He went into business for himself when I last spoke with him years
back.  His name is Gary Wunderwald, 13 Forest Park Estates, Clancy, MY
59634.
  Sadly, the idea of filming RED HARVEST was shelved.  However, there
were some fascinating screenplays written by the likes of Bernardo
Bertolucci, Neil Jordan and Donald Weltlake, to name a few. Who knows.
Maybe some day it will be made.
  On a personal note, I have been "auditing" the list for a month or so
now and find it informative and very worth-while. As a former film
production person I'd be glad to contribute anything I can in that area,
should there be the opportunity.
--steve kesten
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca