[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Timothy Harris

>On February 11th Etienne Borgers asked for biographical info about Timothy
>Harris.  This is taken from Robert A. Baker & Michael T. Nietzel's _Private
>Eyes: 101 Knights_.
>
>"Timothy Hyde Harris was born in LA on July 21, 1946 to Donald & Mary Harris.
[SNIPPED]

>Harris married Mary Bess Walker in 1980.  He now lives in LA & is
>concentrating on film writing."
>
>Stephen
>*  Stephen Holden                                  *
>* *  E-mail:    s.j.holden@qmw.ac.uk               *
>*  WWW:     http://www.qmw.ac.uk/              *
>*                                                  *

Many thanks to Stephen Holden for his attention to my request.

I previously found traces that Thimothy Harris was abandoning his HB novels
for producing only scripts for TV and films.

The novels I red by him were excellent and I had difficulties to accept the
idea of Harris giving up... At the time, the rerason given by this author
was that he was fed up by publishers and difficulties to keep a sufficient
public of readers.
As my info on this was not firsthand, I thought that maybe he could have
continued both activities: novels and scripts...
Apparently the answer is.. NO!

IMO it is a real waste of talent.

On the other hand, 1980    and just before this year, were difficult times
for good HB that were reluctantly selected by the 'big' publishers in
America. And this was the period when Harris'  own  HB novels were issued.

E.Borgers

-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]