[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Howard Browne

Several of you have discussed Howard Browne in Rara-Avis, so I
thought I'd report some news.

First, Dennis McMillan has now announced that INCREDIBLE INK, a
collection of Browne's pulp stories from MAMMOTH MYSTERY and MAMMATH
DETECTIVE from the 1940's will be published on April 15 in honor of
Browne's 90th birthday.  The kicker is that the edition will be only
350 copies, all signed by the author, and selling for (get this!)
$85.00.

Second, Gary Lovisi of Gryphon Publications will issue a single
volume containing what Gary describes as "two crime/sf novellas, real
good stuff, out soon @ $10.00."

Third, Gary will also publish Browne's MURDER WEARS A HALO, which he
says is "an incredidible discovery!  Never before published in book
form! This classic mystery and crime novel from the Golden Age of
crime fiction will appear as Gryphon crime Novel # 1."  I have no
idea what connection (if any) this book has with Browne's famous Paul
Pine novel HALO IN BLOOD.    The new book will be $20.00 in "stunning
trade paperback edition" and $40.00 signed and numbered.

If any of you are interested, give the word and I'll post the e-mail
address for Dennis McMillan and the snail mail for both Dennis and
Gary.

Doug Greene
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca