[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: Timothy Harris

Timothy Harris wrote two Thomas Kyd private eye novels, as Etienne Borgers
listed.  He has two novelaizations: Heat Wave (Dell, 1979) and Steelyard
Blues (Bantam, 1972).  His private eye novels are *brilliant* imitations of
Raymond Chandler.  Yes, I want to read more of his stuff.  However, he has
sold his soul to Hollywood.  He is writing screenplays these days and no
more of private eye novels.  What a pity.

When Dashiell Hammett and Raymond Chandler went to Hollywood, their
writings seemed to go bad.  I guess they realized it and hated themselves.
These days, Andrew Bergman is not writing any more of Jack LeVine private
eye novels anymore but directing movies--I mean, films.  Roger Simon writes
Moses Wine novels once in a while when he is not directing and writing
films.  I know Hollywood pays more than ten times as much as any publishers
pay, but Tinsell Town usually corrupts good writers.

Jiro Kimura