[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: CFP - THE SPACE BETWEEN: PRECURSORS AND AFTERMATHS, 1915 - 1945 , (NEW DUE DATE)

This is a repeat for some lists, new posting for others. If you have
already seen this CFP,
                           PLEASE NOTE
May 15, 1997 is the new due date for abstracts. There is still time to
submit.

 CALL FOR PAPERS
          BANG, BOOM, BUST AND BANG (AGAIN)
  THE SPACE BETWEEN: PRECURSORS AND AFTERMATHS, 1920 - 1945

 This interdisciplinary conference will focus on "the space between," the
 period in time defined by the book-ends of World Wars I and II.
 Appropriate topics will include, but will not be limited to, ways in
 which literary and historical movements such as Futurism, Modernism,
 The Roaring Twenties, The Great Depression, the rise of Facism, and
 Isolationism as well as the World Wars are reflected in the texts of
 the times.  Papers will be solicited in such fields as European and
 American art, film studies, history, literature, modern languages and
 philosophy.  Of special interest are such fields as the rise of genre
 fiction, war literature, women's studies, ethnic and diversity
 literature, and critical approaches which utilize new historicism,
 feminism, and cultural studies.  We are also interested in papers
 which offer current critical interpretations of the ways in which these
 events reflect causalities; i.e., in what ways does World War I shape
 not only the rise of Facism but World War II as well, or in what ways
 does the disillusionment of the Great War shape the literature of both
 the Roaring Twenties and the Great Depression.

Location: Reno, Nevada
Date: Oct 2-4, 1997
Sponsored in part by Department of English, Univeristy of Nevada, Reno

Abstracts must be received by May 15, 1997 and should be no longer
than 250 words. THIS IS A NEW DATE; you still have time.

 Please send abstracts to one of the following:

 L.J. Holland-Toll
 Department of English/213
 University of Nevada, Reno
 Reno, Nevada 89557