[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Query on two authors

What a steal!!!!

Adams was a good buddy of Chandler. Wrote a lot. One of those unhearalded
greats. Someone should reprint his stuff.

Know nothing about Shelton. No reference in DeAndrea's _Encyclopedia
Mysteriosa_ or the two Goulart reference books that I can find. Now my
curiosity is raised. Look forward to additoonal postings.

bbbbbob@earthlink.net

----------
> From: M. Taboada <taboada@math.odu.edu>
> To: RARA-AVIS@icomm.ca
> Subject: RARA-AVIS: Query on two authors
> Date: Sunday, February 09, 1997 11:09 AM
>
> A few weeks ago I stopped at an estate sale here in Norfolk, and
> ended up buying a big box of books for ten dollars. Almost all of
> them are mysteries, including many original paperbacks by people like
> John D.MacDonald and other writers working in the fifties and early
> sixties. I also found several hardcovers, among which are the following:
>
> *Decoy, by Cleve Adams, Books Inc. 1944 (apparently a reprint of a
> 1941 Dutton book). It features a detective called Rex McBride and, on
> first browsing, seems to be competently if not brilliantly written.
>
> *The man who paid his way, by Walt Shelton, Lippincott, 1955. A very
> casual browse indicates that this is a "spicy" novel, meaning that
> there is plenty of sexual innuendo.
>
> This is the first time I have encountered these authors, and I have never
> seen a reference to the. Are these pseudonyms or real names? Does anyone
in
> this list have relevant information?
>
> Thanks, and best regards to all,
>
> Mario Taboada
> -
> # RARA-AVIS:  To unsubscribe, say "unsubscribe rara-avis"
> # to majordomo@icomm.ca
-
# to majordomo@icomm.ca

[Archives] | [RARA-AVIS]