[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS:UK hardboiled

Just noticed the howler on Peter Cheyney:  His best character was Lemmy
CAUTION, not Dawson!
And while you decide what you think of the sperm-ridden writings of Derek
Raymond (who died an alcoholic, to absolutely nobody's surprise) you
might consider one or two living British writers: Timlin by all means,
but also Nicholas Blincoe, Ian Rankin, Chaz Brenchley, Mike Philips,
Jeremy Cameron - and of course, "one of the leading British hard-boiled
writers" (Mystery Scene) who is "hard-boiled in the grand classic style"
(Publishers Weekly) and as the Times says, is "something of a cult" (and
yes, I have spelt that word right):  RUSSELL JAMES
--
COUNT ME OUT is published as a paperback original in the UK
by Serpent's Tail, and in America by Foul Play (Spring 97).

-