[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

Re: RARA-AVIS: Two questions and a comment.

Pronzini and Adrian's Hard-Boiled contains (in order):

"The Scorched Face" by Hammett
"Round Trip" by W.R. Burnett
"Mistral" by Whitfield
"Backwash" by Nebel
"Trouble-Chaser" by P. Cain
"Fruit Tramp" by Daniel Mainwaring
"Brush Fire" by J. Cain
"Human Interest Stuff" by Halliday
"Waiting for Rusty" by William Cole
"I'll be Waiting" by Chandler
"Marijana and a Pistol" by Himes
"Who Said I Was Dead?" by Norbert Davis
"Nor Iron Bars" by J.D. MacDonald
"Dock Walloper" by Benjamin Appel
"Three-Ten to Yuma" by Elmore Leonard
"The Bobby-Soxer" by Jonathan Craig
"Black Pudding" by Goodis
"Guilt-Edged Blonde" by R. Macdonald
"Mama's Boy" by David Alexander
"The Screen Test of Mike Hammer" by Spillane
"Home" by Gil Brewer
"So Pale, So Cold, So Fair" by Leigh Brackett
"A Piece of Ground" by Helen Nielsen
"The Merry, Merry Christmas" by Evan Hunter
"Forever After" by Thompson
"The Old Pro" by H.A. DeRosso
"The Saturday Night Deaths" by Michael Kerr
"Graveyard Shift" by James M. Reasoner
"Deadhead Coming Down" by Margaret Maron
"To Florida" by Robert Sampson
"It's a Hard World" by Andrew Vachss
"Junior Jackson's Parable" by James Hannah
"Bonding" by Faye Kellerman
"Gravy Train" by James Ellroy
"Batman's Helpers" by Lawrence Block
"The Long Silence After" by Ed Gorman

Michael

Michael D. Sharp                 "My time-wasting abilities are legendary!
msharp@umich.edu                 If only I could harness them as a force
Department of English            for good!" -- Shaun M. Strohmer
University of Michigan