[Prev][Next][Index][Thread]

RARA-AVIS: UK HB - Graham Greene / addition

My e-mailer  chewed-up part of my earlier message abt Gr Greene.

Here under the missing part:

========
>Anyway Greene was obviously attracted by the detective/mystery genre that
>he used in some of his well-known novels like:

' Brighton Rock' (probably his best in that genre, but already with a
literary                          treatment)

Also to remember that early novels by Graham Greene (originally a
journalist) were all in the mystery/crime genre, with a lighter writing than
his later literary novels.
He is also the author of more mature  works in the genre, such as:
'The Ministry of Fear'
'The Third Man'
to name the best-known.

So, cooperation with other mystery/crime writers is not as surprising as it
looks at first sight.

====== end of missing part

E.Borgers

-